Operations Management Trainee
What the program is:
At Ag Processing (AGP), it’s our people who set us apart. AGP values and supports its employees by establishing a culture that prioritizes safety, integrity, teamwork, and communication — all key to overall success. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a visionary in the agriculture industry.
AGP is building a leadership pipeline through this newly created program. Explore an excellent opportunity to gain management experience in a variety of operational settings (crush, refinery, and biodiesel) that include overseeing and developing plant workers, ensuring employee safety, customer service, managing and tracking quality, and ensuring daily soy production along with equipment maintenance requirements. This is a great role for an engineer graduate who wants to learn how to operate our business successfully.
Upon successful completion of this 2-year program, Operations Management Trainees will be placed into a full-time position (Supervisor, Production Assistant, Process Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Superintendent, etc.) in the facility that matches both the needs of the company and the employee’s strengths.
Locations available (relocation assistance provided): Aberdeen, SD • Dawson, MN • Eagle Grove, IA • Emmetsburg, IA • Hastings, NE • Manning, IA • Mason City, IA • Sergeant Bluff, IA • Sheldon, IA • St. Joseph, MO
What you will learn and utilize:
· AGP’s production principles and practices
· Employee assessment and development principles and practices
· OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance requirements and AGP’s utilization and adherence to them
· Quality control requirements to include approval of suppliers or raw materials and processing aids, shipping approval requirements, ASTM methods and limits, quality system procedures, etc.
· Basic project principles to include project definition, purpose, and reasoning; bidding practices and contractor selection; developing a schedule of values for return on investment, budgeting, and depreciation purposes; project execution and completion
· Process management principles to include Process Safety Management, equipment reliability analysis, maintenance requirements, and root cause failure analysis
· Procurement / Project Management / Capital Improvement Planning / Business Planning
What you will do:
· Manage production employees through scheduling, monitoring, and assisting as needed
· Take a lead role in locomotive and rail safety training
· Monitor equipment and facility for proper operation by reviewing logs, reports, and inspections
· Assist with production and maintenance as needed, including loading, unloading, and maintenance work
· Lead by example – no task is worth completing if conducted in an unsafe manner
· Manage and track daily production quality to meet parameters
· Assist with inventory controls, including measuring and sampling
· Review and write reports; attend company meetings
What qualifies you:
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering (mechanical, chemical, agricultural, industrial technology, or biosystems engineering are preferred).
· Able to work rotating night and day shifts
· Leadership skills
· Skill in negotiating, analytical thinking and problem-solving
· Able to organize employee work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects
· Willing to work in Midwest locations and relocate upon successful completion of development program
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer who participates in E-Verify.
Who we are:
Ag Processing Inc is a cooperatively owned agribusiness engaged in procuring, processing, marketing, and transporting of oilseeds, grain, and related products. Since our creation in 1983, AGP has grown in size, scope and reputation – both in the U.S. and internationally. Our company has become the largest soybean processing cooperative in the world and has a diverse set of products, which includes renewable fuels, vegetable oil refining, Ag products/grain, and international operations. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a compensation package that includes:
- 100% employer funded pension plan
- 401k retirement plan (Roth and Traditional options) with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance & salary continuation
- Company paid life insurance
- Wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Paid time off