Operations Management Trainee
We are looking for future leaders to join us! We are actively seeking a hardworking, energetic, self-starter to join our Operations team as a Management Trainee. The Perdue Management Trainee (MT) program is an entry level management position designed to develop talented individuals into future leaders in the company's operations management field. In this position, you will be offered the opportunity to learn and develop skills vital for a career in operations, production, continuous improvement, quality assurance, safety, shipping, and distribution. The MT program starts June 2024.
Our 12 month program combines hands-on training by direct observation and shadowing, learning and development sessions, continuous improvement projects, and a series of structured departmental rotations. The MT will be fully immersed and actively participate in all aspects of business in an operational facility. Upon successful completion of the program, the Management Trainee will have the opportunity to transition into a supervisor role.
We have openings in:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Prince George
- Participation in up to, two (2) Regional Trainings with fellow MT’s. Events include career development, social activities, philanthropy events, company tours and senior leadership interaction.
- Competitive starting salary, with pay increases at the six (6) and twelve (12) month mark.
- Placement into a supervisor level role upon graduation from the MT program.
- Comprehensive benefit package including transition bonus, relocation, and student loan repayment.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquires knowledge to include administrative functions, manpower reports, disciplinary procedures, budget, production processes and requirements while contributing ideas and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Develops an understanding of the team process using the criteria: establishing common mission/goals of all team members; providing clear role definition of team members; encouraging shared accountabilities; implementing effective team procedures and processes, giving and receiving feedback, problem solving, decision making, employing coaching and effective communications; ensuring team “spirit”; and providing recognition for team accomplishments.
- Implements the policies of the Quality Improvement Process with the team/department.
- Monitors the performance of the team to ensure goals are attained and graphs results for display and presentation at briefings and/or meetings.
- Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Perdue values.
- Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants which may include the Hatchery, Feed Mill, Live Production, Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments.
- Completes projects related to cost-reduction or improved performance.
- Attends learning events/activities including on-ground classes, web-based instruction, and e-learning platforms.
Must possess a valid Bachelor's degree from an accredited university within 12 months of the MT program starting. Program starts June 2024.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Management, Business or Business Administration, Animal Science, Poultry Science, Agriculture
- 3.0 GPA or higher