2024 Paid Summer Internship with United Grain Corporation!
2024 Summer Paid Internship Program at United Grain Corporation!
Join our team at United Grain Corporation! Our Internship Program is an opportunity for college students to obtain knowledge and experience in the Grain Industry. This program provides a full time position from May to August in a structured work schedule, exposure to leadership, a mentor, and learning opportunities. In addition, interns are exposed to the origination of grains and oilseeds, purchase negotiations and contracting, logistics management, and delivery of purchased grain from the country elevators to the export terminal. This position will learn how marketing plans are created with producers utilizing UGC marketing tools and advisory services via the UGC Profit Partner® Program. Our program includes support and with regular communication with Merchandising staff, Logistics Managers, Elevator Managers so that a full spectrum of the business is presented.
We are seeking Junior/Senior Students interested in a career in Agriculture and pursuing degrees in the following areas: Agriculture/Agribusiness, Accounting, Operational Management, and Economics.
· Interact with Merchandising team and learn/observe communications with customers and the marketing process. Primary duties will include reviewing grain settlements, contract entry/maintenance, sending daily bids, reconciling daily position reports, balance futures hedging positions and prepare market reports and statistics for team as necessary.
· Observe and attend meetings as directed. Participate in discussions and assess export and domestic strategies/opportunities. Review and contribute to presentations and information for global customers.
· Travel to Regional Elevator to work alongside Elevator Operators/Managers to gain an understanding of grain handling and warehousing as well as origination from producers.
· Learn the operations of a Grain Export Terminal including inbound logistics and quality control and blending.
· Other duties as identified and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
· Working on a four-year degree in agriculture or business is required but equivalent work experience and education will be considered.
· Students must be a college junior or rising senior with an accredited college/university and a 3.0 or higher GPA.
· Proven interpersonal skills; must support a team-oriented approach within the immediate facility as well as for United Grain Corporation.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively on a daily basis.
· Previous agriculture experience preferred.
To apply for a UGC internship, please visit our website and submit your resume and online application. www.unitedgrain.com
Applications will be accepted between October 1, 2023, and March 31st, 2024, for the 2024 Summer program. For questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
UGC is an equal opportunity employer.