Position: Fisheries Technician
Company: Hickey Bros. Research, LLC
Term: 6-month seasonal position; potential for full-time employment
Job Location: Yellowstone National Park, WY
Salary: $16.50-$18.50/hr. DOE, housing included with position
Application Deadline: April 1, 2024
Position Duration: May 20, 2024 - October 11, 2024
Hickey Bros Research, LLC is seeking to hire seasonal fisheries technicians to join one of the largest aquatic invasive species suppression projects in the country. Come join our team in Yellowstone National Park as we battle nonnative lake trout in efforts to rehabilitate the last genetically pure population of Yellowstone cutthroat trout.
Who we are: Hickey Bros. Research, LLC is a private fisheries research company. The company’s foundation is in the Wisconsin commercial fishery and was established in 1967. The research division later developed, drawing on the knowledge and expertise obtained from commercial fishing on Lake Michigan & Bay of Green Bay. The research division has roots in the inland Northwest with operations in Hope, ID and Cody, WY, along with the home office in Baileys Harbor, WI. Hickey Bros Research has longstanding professional relationships with state, federal, and tribal agencies focusing on fisheries research.
What we do: Our company’s objective is to provide operational expertise in the areas of fisheries assessment and data collection. Ultimately, Hickey Bros Research collaborates with the scientific community to assist in the management of invasive species and the restoration of native ecosystems.
Responsibilities: Technicians are part of crews working on 32-47 ft. commercial research vessels. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deployment and retrieval of gill nets
- Removal of fish from nets
- Identifying, sorting, and measuring fish for data collection
- Daily communication with crew and partner agencies
- Maintenance, cleaning, and general upkeep of boats and gear
- Work may occur during periods of inclement weather
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- College or vocational education in fisheries or related field; or relevant work experience
- Valid US driver’s license
- Must pass drug screening
- Prior fisheries experience is a plus
- Knowledge of boats and water is beneficial
- Positive, can-do attitude and strong work ethic is a must!
To Apply: SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY
Email cover letter and resume with references to the HR manager.
Subject line should read “YNP Fish Tech 2024 Application”.
Zoom interview process will follow application submission