Acquisition Strategy and Management Intern--Summer 2024--Hybrid in Mclean, VA or Huntsville, AL
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
The Acquisition Strategy & Management Department provides MITRE our government customers with objective acquisition and contract design and management strategies to fulfill mission, operational, or organizational needs. We apply deep analytic knowledge and understanding of all aspects of defense, intelligence, and civilian agency acquisition regulations, policies, and procedures. You’ll have the opportunity to support government agencies in such areas as Treasury, Justice, Department of Defense, Center for Disease Control, and Homeland Security or work in areas such as health care, policy writing, digital engineering, or cyber.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to collaborate with acquisition subject matter experts engaging to meet critical challenges and make an impact on project outcomes. In addition to doing impactful work, you will attend acquisition strategy training courses, receive mentorship from other acquisition strategy experts and meet with leaders to learn about their experiences.
- Be present daily, attend team meetings, be on-site 3 days a week
- Work with your team to create multiple written deliverables resulting from your research
- Deliver two presentations
- Participate in a US Government 101 training course to understand how MITRE support affects change as a ‘Trusted Partner’ with Federal agencies
- Attend an Acquisition 101 course to give you foundational knowledge of federal acquisitions
- Support could entail requirements gathering, risk analysis, development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), research, visualization, data analysis, or / and contributing to acquisition package documentation.
- Grow your analytical skills and abilities alongside a powerhouse team in support of a single project
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited program pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Acquisition, and/or Program Management related fields
- Demonstrated interest in program management and/or government acquisition through coursework, certifications, or special projects
- Sustained excellence in academic performance
- Some experience in program management, contracts, acquisitions or buying.
- Be adaptable and pro-active with a growth mindset and a self-starting, inquisitive, positive, collaborative, and “get it done” mentality
- High level desire to help our nation solve its most critical problems
- Exhibits the characteristics of a continuous learner
- Interdisciplinary approach to problem solving
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Salary compensation range and midpoint:
$45,500 - $57,000 - $68,500 Annual
Work Location Type: