MINING ENGINEER - KIEWIT MINING GROUP - 2024
Gillette, WY, US Lone Tree, CO, US Anchorage, AK, US Soda Springs, ID, US Boise, ID, US Denver, CO, US Tok, AK, US
Requisition ID: 169758
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Mining District
Department: Field Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you will support Kiewit Mining operations throughout North America. This position is responsible for developing work plans, design work, quantity tracking, surveying and working with our mining and construction teams. In performing this work, the Field Engineer will gain hands-on experience in safely planning and executing work across our operations.
Kiewit Mining Group has grown steadily to become one of North America’s leading contract mining companies operating in various commodities, including gold, coal, oil sands, iron ore, phosphate, talc, and aggregates. We are built on a solid foundation of safety, quality, production and integrity.
As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets, and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom designed to meet our shared needs.
Current possible locations include: Gillette, WY; Soda Springs, ID; Tok, AK, Lone Tree, CO.
- Field Operations: prepare work plans and work packages, interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, order and schedule material deliveries and support the day-to-day operations
- Office Engineering: Perform mining and civil design work to support mining and civil operations, perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change orders reviewed by Project Manager, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
- Estimating: Review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mining, Civil, Geological, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other natural science engineering fields.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Mining, Mining Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a project site in a wide-ranging climates and environments, including the ability to climb off and on equipment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $66,585 - $102,067
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.