We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and work that matters to our community.
The Organization: The Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) is a growing, innovative, and mission-driven Agency in Lower Queen Anne, Seattle. We are committed to housing equity throughout the city, fostering an inclusive workplace for our 650+ employees. Our focus is expanding housing opportunities, building strong communities, and promoting race and social justice equity.
SHA's talented workforce has made us a nationally recognized leader in housing and development. We embrace diversity and create an environment where employees can thrive. Benefits include competitive pay, flexible work arrangements, learning opportunities, and affinity groups.
At SHA, we value your unique perspective and background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification. Our hiring practices prioritize diversity and equity. Learn more in our diversity policy and equity policy.
The Position: We are seeking to fill a College Intern – Budget Assistant position. This position is temporary part time with an estimated end date of 5/23/2024 and will pay $17.27 – $22.00 per hour (D.O.E, knowledge, skills, and abilities)
How to Apply:
- Complete the online NeoGov application by clicking the Apply buttonin the upper right-hand corner of this posting.
- The work experience and education sections should be updated with your latest information. SHA does not accept external attachments for resumes and cover letters.
- Answer the Agency-Wide questions. Please note that if this is not your first SHA application, you should still review and update the agency-wide questions.
- Answer the supplemental questions, if applicable.
The ideal candidate has:
- Basic familiarity with office practices and procedures.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college education program. Major in finance, economics, business administration, accounting, public administration, or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office or similar types of software is desirable.
- Good spreadsheet and general office skills required along with finance, accounting, economic, policy, or data education.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide support to the budget office and maintain various financial systems and assist with preparation of budget forms and reports. In addition, the successful candidate will help assist with and perform a variety of financial analyses.
The Location: 101 Elliot Ave. W Seattle, WA 98119
Why Should You Apply?
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training