Supply Chain Operations Intern - Onsite - Sugarland, TX
As an Operations Intern at Cencora, you’ll be provided the opportunity to leverage your academic understanding in a real-world, business driven environment. Ultimately, we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. During our 10-week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor while gaining experience leading teams and learning different business areas and functions within our distribution centers. At the end of the summer, our interns report out to their Leadership Team on key accomplishments and learnings from their internship experience. Interns are expected to be onsite at one of our distribution centers.
Please see distribution center locations below:
Richmond, VA / Louisville, KY / Newburgh, NY / Mansfield, MA / Romeoville, IL / Indianapolis, IN / Raleigh, NC / Orlando, FL / Dothan, AL / Shakopee, MN / Sugarland, TX / Roanoke, TX / Corona, CA / Sacramento, CA / Montclair, CA / Phoenix, AZ / Grand Prairie, TX / Williamston, MI
Start Date: June 3, 2024
End Date: August 9, 2024
Under general direction of the designated manager, you will assist with a variety of function-specific job assignments and contribute to the completion of established projects and initiatives.
AS A PART OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN TEAM, YOU WILL :
- Gain understanding of various supply chain functions and disciplines
- Receive opportunities to build affiliation with hourly team members, associate peers and interact with senior leadership
- Assist in the analysis and development of supply chain metrics and business processes
- Report findings to other team members and management as required
- Experience setting and planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver goals
- Work on projects and manage time and effort without need for constant supervision
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Be flexible – to understand our 24/7 operations, you may at times need to work various schedules: including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities, and events
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills to successfully lead a frontline workgroup
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
- Gain understanding of all business areas to develop business acumen
- Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe, and secure culture
- Carry out duties and responsibilities by department through internship rotations as trainee
Currently pursuing a degree in: Engineering, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management (other related majors will be considered.
Graduate with bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the office environment is generally quiet. The noise level in the warehouse is generally noisy.
PHYSIAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate in a production-driven environment and perform at a high level (specifically a level that is 95% or greater of engineered standards for some business units).
- Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, twisting, stooping, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
- May require ability to operate equipment such as forklifts, pickers, etc.
Cencora is committed to fostering a global workplace that values all cultural, experiential and philosophical differences; creates pathways for every team member to thrive; makes a positive impact on communities through equitable access to healthcare; and is transparent and accountable for progress. Cencora focuses on driving an inspiring an inclusive culture. We challenge our people to lead fulfilling lives both in and outside of work.
To learn more about our purpose, internship program and careers, please visit Internship Opportunities | Careers (cencora.com) and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.