2024 Electrical Engineering Summer Intern - U.S.
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Locations available: Chanute, Kansas; Midlothian, Texas; Sumterville, Florida
Housing/Utilities/Wi-Fi - Provided
Relocation Assistance - Provided
This summer internship is meant to provide individuals with hands-on experience onsite at one of our cement plants in the US or Canada. Interns will be assigned a corporate mentor and over the course of 10-12 weeks, complete a variety of chemistry, engineering or safety-related projects onsite. At the end of the summer, interns will be hosted at our Overland Park, Kansas headquarters to present on their experience to Ash Grove corporate leadership. Internships can and have previously led to offers for full-time jobs post-graduation. Projects taken on by our interns make a real difference for our company. Candidates should have relatively open geographic availability. The company will relocate candidates to the sites that match their skill set and development.
- This internship will last 10-12 weeks and will be in person at our Midlothian cement plant. Relocation assistance and housing will be provided.
- Interns typically complete a variety of engineering projects with various teams at our facilities, including maintenance, safety, mining and process engineering.
- Towards the end of the internship, interns will be expected to present on their completed projects to their peers and to corporate leadership at our headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas
- As part of this internship, you get hand-on experience in industrial manufacturing specific to the cement production process – from raw materials sourcing to finish milling - and propose changes to improve operating costs, efficiencies, environmental impact, safety, and product quality.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s Degree program majoring in electrical engineering required
- Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and have at least one semester of school after the internship are welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally
- Must demonstrate strong sense of urgency and proactive approach
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.