Bilingual Small Business Project Manager
Job Title: Bilingual Small Business Project Manager
Organization: Latinos En Spokane
Status: Non Exempt | Hourly | Full time 40h
Annual Salary: $62,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision, paid time off (PTO and holidays)
Reports to: Executive Director
About Latinos En Spokane:
Latinos En Spokane (LES) is a Latino and immigrant-led 501C3 non-profit organization based in Eastern Washington. We are dedicated to being a transformative force for systemic change, racial justice, and building generational health and wealth. Our mission is to empower Latinos, immigrants, and marginalized communities by providing wrap-around services, building cultural landscapes, supporting entrepreneurs, organizing, and creating policies for justice and inclusion.
As a Small Business Technical Assistance will work in partnership with the Commerce Small Business Resiliency Network to support Latino and immigrant entrepreneurs start up, grow, and connect with local and state resources. Our small business services provide one-on-one technical assistance, training, tools, mentoring, create streamlined business information in Spanish, permit processes, business registration, planning, marketing, access to state and local resources for small businesses and local entrepreneurs starting their businesses.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Small Business Project Manager will play a pivotal role in providing comprehensive business technical assistance services, community outreach, business education workshops, and facilitating connections to local and state resources. Additionally, the role involves grant reporting and support for various small business projects.
As a Kitchen and Food Truck Management: The ideal candidate will bring expertise in kitchen and food truck management, acting as a manager for kitchen-related activities. This includes ensuring seamless coordination with the overall small business services while contributing valuable insights into the food industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field and three years of experience in business management or business consulting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full bilingual English and Spanish - Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in entrepreneurship, small business management and operations, accounting and financial analysis, marketing, market research, marketing tools and tactics, human resource management, and legal issues.
- In-depth knowledge of finance/financial management, financial modeling/projections, capital formation, financial lending procedures and other elements essential to growing a successful business across a variety of industries.
- Proven track record as an entrepreneur, small business owner or consultant to small businesses.
- Knowledge of Spokane County economy and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Utilize basic bookkeeping skills for financial management.
- Leverage retail experience to enhance store management practices.
- Apply small business coaching/counseling skills with a focus on kitchen and food-related enterprises.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to problem solve.
- Ability to analyze and research issues and work with others toward a solution.
- Independent, resourceful, self-starter with strong organizational skills; ability to manage large client portfolios and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policies, procedures, and data to make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the position level.
- Proficient computer skills including experience with spreadsheets, accounting software, and data management systems.
Business Counseling Services
- Provide direct counseling services to small businesses.
- Assist with business and financial planning and analysis & market research.
- Assist clients with loan/grant applications and packaging.
- Collect data for business plans and provide financial forecasting support for clients.
Data Collection and Forecasting
- Collect pertinent data for business plans and financial forecasting, enabling effective support for clients in their business endeavors.
Training Programs Development and Workshops
- Participate in the development, promotion, and coordination of small business management training programs and workshops.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Strengthen working relationships with partners and other service providers fostering collaboration within the entrepreneurial ecosystem to enhance support for small businesses.
- Deliver excellent customer service, referrals, and resolutions to the public.
External Promotion and Liaison:
- Promote Latinos En Spokane - Small Business Technical Assistance Services externally.
- Serve as a liaison between the business community and the organization.
- Offer excellent customer service, providing referrals, and delivering resolutions to the public in a professional and supportive manner.
- Attend related training, workshops, and professional development opportunities to stay informed about industry trends and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of business projects in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Special Projects and Assigned Duties
- Undertake special projects and fulfill other assigned duties as required, contributing to the overall success and growth of the organization.
Additional Duties for Kitchen and Food Truck Management:
Business Recruitment and Retention:
- Actively recruit and retain businesses for the incubator program.
Coaching and Business Plan Oversight:
- Provide basic small business coaching.
- Oversee business plans related to the kitchen and food truck management.
- Manage the retail space during hours of operation.
- Utilize POS system for customer sales.
- Generate weekly sales reports and facilitate ACH transactions.
- Implement basic program marketing strategies, including regular social media posts, event participation, material distribution, and website updates.
Collaborations and Networking:
- Develop and maintain collaborations with partnering agencies and nonprofits.
Workshop Scheduling and Recruitment:
- Schedule monthly Technical Assistance (TA) workshops.
- Recruit trainers for workshops.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to facilitate effective communication and information sharing across language barriers.
- Handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Stay informed about industry trends, language advancements, and cultural developments to enhance professional skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible in responding to changing priorities and needs of the organization.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and awareness to navigate language nuances and potential cultural differences. Assist in fostering a multicultural and inclusive environment within the organization.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Small Business Project Manager”. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
At Latinos En Spokane, we are committed to fostering diversity and equal opportunity. We encourage individuals from underrepresented communities to apply